you been using the Phantom wallet all this while but now you are more concerned about your security, then you should connect it to a compatible hardware wallet
How to connect your Phantom wallet with the Ledger wallet?
Have you been using the Phantom wallet all this while but now you are more concerned about your security, then you should connect it to a compatible hardware wallet. But at the same time, it is important to acknowledge that you should not stop using the Phantom wallet even if you have decided to use the Ledger wallet from now onwards. This is because the wallet service provided by Phantom comes with a wide range of features and lets you undergo dApps transactions without having to face any kind of difficulty.
On the other hand, you should note that a ledger wallet comes with a high level of security so that you do not have to worry about losing your funds. In order to use the Phantom wallet, it is important that you safeguard it from any kind of attacks as it is connected to the internet all the time. Thus, to make sure that your private keys are away from evil eyes, you should use the two wallets together.
Let us learn how to get started
All the users who are new to the ledger should understand that they first need to set up their ledger devices so that they can connect them to the Phantom wallet later on. Once you are done with setting up your Ledger wallet, you can follow the steps given below in order to undergo the wallet linking process:
- 1.First of all, install the SOL app on your Ledger device
- 2.Now, navigate to your browser and open the Phantom wallet on it
- 3.Sign in to the wallet if you want and then click on the available menu
- 4.Thereafter, you can click on the "Connect hardware wallet" option available in the drop-down
- 5.When on the new page, click the "Continue" option
- 6.Now, ensure that you have opened the SOL app on the Ledger device
- 7.This shall initiate the connection between the two wallets
- 8.Click "Continue" and you are done